Laptop DC Power Jack Repair / Replacement
Laptop won't charge up any more? - Need to hold the plug to make it charge? Power problems with your laptop? We can help to repair the laptop power socket at low cost.
Laptop power problems are usually caused by a faulty DC jack, power socket or damaged power connector pin, which keeps your laptop from recharging or powering up.
Laptop power connectors can become broken or work loose when the power cable is inadvertently tugged or repeatedly pulled, as this places strain on the dc power socket which can eventually cause damage. Cambridge Laptop Repair specialises in repairing laptop power connector and broken dc jack problems.
We can repair loose dc sockets, sockets with broken centre pins, even dc jacks that have completely snapped off by re-soldering or replacement of broken power sockets/dc jacks. Low cost with quick turnover service
Contact us if your laptop has any of following symptoms, Signs indicating the connector might be faulty and need repair or replacement:
- Laptop wouldn’t power up unless the power lead is held in one position
- When the power lead is wiggled, it makes or losses contact
- Laptop only runs on battery power even power cable plugged in
- Laptop suddenly changes from battery to AC power
- Intermittent charging or battery wouldn't charge
- The pin in the centre of the jack is loose, pushed in, broken or missing
- The whole connector is loose, pushed in, broken or missing
- When power is connected sparks come out or smells of burnt out
- The battery charge light wouldn't come on (lights up) when power is connected
- The battery charge light (LED) flickers when the tip of the AC adapter moves
- The screen flickers between bright and dim when the tip of the charger moves
- “Scratching” sound is coming from the DC socket when the power is connected
- Jack has broken because excessive pressure applied when plugging in or someone tripped over the power lead or laptop dropped and fallen down on socket while plugged in
- Your laptop will not power up at all (a dead laptop)
We can fix any make and model, including HP, Compaq, Sony, Dell, Advent, Toshiba, Acer, Asus, Packard Bell, Lenovo, IBM, Samsung, Fujitsu Siemens, NEC, Medion Gateway, Patriot, Hi-Grade, Philips, Averatec, Gericom, LG & more. We provide laptop repair services in Oxford, Oxfordshire & UK nationwide. Contact us for more detail 07814520043.